Friday, April 11, 2014

Modge podge and piece of wood

When we moved into our house it was pretty tragic looking. After years of blood, sweat and tears it is finally starting to come together and look like we want it. One of the first things that we fixed up was the family room. Thanks to my amazing husband it looked marvelous, but still a little empty.

Enter my brilliant idea...

Brien made these cool little niche shelves for me to display pictures but I had no idea what I wanted. I saw these super cool frames on pinterest and at Hobby Lobby but I was just unwilling to pay the price tag, so I made my own!


Here were the ones that I saw...


I love how they turned out and they were super easy to make. 
You need:
 wood plaques. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. They were like 4.99 and I waited until they were on sale for 30% off.
Acrylic paint
Pictures
 Matte Modge Podge
foam brushes
pictures (I used large plaques and 5x7 pics)

1. First I painted the wood. I picked bright colors because at the time my room was kind of dull.

2 .After the wood was dry I placed my pictures and then used the foam brush to goop on the modge podge to adhere the picture.

3. I really made sure to seal the edges of the picture really well.

After they were dry, I set them out to display!

I did this project about a year ago and the pictures are starting to wrinkle a little, but I will slather on another layer of modge podge this summer to re-seal them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment